Your gift of stock or property today will mean a hope-filled future for our homeless neighbors in Ventura County.
We gladly accept gifts of real estate, personal property or other significant assets. To learn more please email Todd Hacker at email@example.com or call (805) 201-3770
Benefits of donating property:
- Avoid or diminish capital gains tax
- Receive a charitable tax deduction
- Eliminate selling problems
- Simple to transfer ownership
- No real estate broker fees
- Possible income through annuity
Thank you for considering giving a gift of appreciated stocks. Donating stock directly to the mission can provide 50% more funds than simply selling your shares and contributing the proceeds. The process is simple:
- Ask your broker to perform an “electronic transfer” of the mutual fund or individual stock shares you wish to donate.
- Instruct your broker to transfer the shares to:
RESCUE MISSION ALLIANCE
DTC number: 0141 for further credit to #80388461
Account name: Rescue Mission Alliance
RMA’s tax identification number (FEIN): 23-7278002
- Contact Todd Hacker at (805) 201-3770 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your complete contact info, and the name of the stock and number of shares you are donating. We will acknowledge the receipt of your gift with a tax-deductible receipt.
Transferring your stock certificate can be as simple as endorsing the back of the certificate and sending it by certified mail to The Rescue Mission Alliance. (Notary public stamps are not an acceptable guarantor for stock certificates.) Be sure to endorse the certificate exactly as your name(s) appears on the front. Insert the Rescue Mission Alliance’s tax identification number 23-7278002 in the box on the back requesting a social security number or other identifying number of assignee. Send it by certified mail to: Rescue Mission Alliance, Attn: Todd Hacker, 315 N. A St. Oxnard, CA 93030.
EMPLOYEE OWNED STOCK IN NON-RETIREMENT PLANS
If you purchased stock from your employer (e.g. non-retirement E.S.O.P.) you can instruct them to issue a certificate in the name of the Rescue Mission Alliance. You will need to provide them with our tax identification number (23-7278002) and our address (315 N. A St. Oxnard, CA 93030).
MUTUAL FUND TRANSFERS
Contact the Rescue Mission Alliance at (800) 417-5678 to find out the simplest way to transfer your mutual fund. We will provide the transfer instructions specifically related to your mutual fund company.
Questions? Please contact Todd Hacker, Director of Development at (805) 201-3770 or email@example.com